Monday, August 31, 2009

Another update on Sean...

So still no diagnosis for Sean. We were out at the U again on Thursday for a doctors appointment and yet ANOTHER biopsy. This time they biopsied Sean's lymph node in his arm pit, he is seriously a trooper. He doesn't even flinch when they say what they are going to do to him, I would be a complete crying mess if I was going through everything he has had to...I can't believe how strong he has been through all this. Anyways they biopsied the lymph node looking for possibly lymphoma cancer. It of course came back inconclusive (I am growing to HATE that word) with some information but not everything they needed so he is now scheduled to be admitted tomorrow morning, hopefully just until Wednesday but you never know anymore! They don't think that its lymphoma cancer but are worried about other forms of cancer. So where we stand now is they ruled out muscular dystrophy YAY!, which is such a relief...an autoimmune disorder is still a possibility, but now they have added cancer into the possibilities as well. We get one thing ruled out and another put in the game. We just want a diagnosis fast, Sean feels so horrible any relief would be great. Keep him in your prayers, again I am hoping to be able to post my next weekly update with some good news!!

On a positive note we were able to get our nursery set up this weekend. Kind of a reality check for us, everytime we walk by the room we both stop and look at it for a minute. What was an exercise room Friday night is now a full blown nursery. It turned out really cute, we are just waiting for the rocker to come in and we will be set nursery wise. Still lots of other things to get, crazy to think that I will be 6 months along next week.

5 comments:

Jared West said...

We have been thinking lots about you guys. We hope news comes soon. I can't imagine the frustration of not knowing what's going on!!! We would like to help in any way we can. We'll give you a call when you get back into town.

Shanna said...

I will keep praying for you guys! If I can help in any way at all, please don't hesitate to let me know! :)

Tori said...

Lynzi, I'm so sorry to hear that they haven't found a diagnosis for Sean yet. I hope one comes soon. Our thought and prayers are with you and your family.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

You guys are a household name now in our prayers.We love you.Maybe you can sneak in some birthday cake to the hospital today??Thanks for keeping us updated.I'm excited you got the nursery done, I'd love to see some pictures!ANd holy cow 6 months, time flies when its not you thats pregnant :)Love love love you

Isaak and Jackie said...

Lynzi,
What a frustrating couple of weeks you guys have had that it is so hard to be kept on the edge of your seat all the time, I have empathy for you and Sean and we'll keep both of you in our prayers. How exciting it must feel to have the nursery done, I look forward to pictures when you have time. Ps happy birthday! pps You sound so strong keep it up!