Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update on Sean

So its been another crazy week.  We went out to Salt Lake on Tuesday to get the results from the muscle biopsy and hopefully a diagnosis - but the muscle biopsy came back inconclusive.  So from there we did more blood tests and an EKG Tuesday, went back out Thursday for a CT scan, MRI and doctor appointment -which included a biopsy of Sean's knuckle, and then Friday Sean got yet another muscle biopsy, this time a big one from his thigh.  Poor guy! he has been cut up and put on so many IV's these pas 3 weeks, but he  is handling it all like a champ.

So still no news, he is continuing to loose weight and getting weaker and weaker by the day.  We are hoping that with all the tests ran this week that next week we may hear some news.  The nice thing is this week they are leading more towards an autoimmune disorder and away from dystrophy but nothing can be ruled out and we don't dare get our hopes up yet.  The possible autoimmune diseases are still horrible, but so much better than muscular dystrophy. Thanks again for all of your calls and comments....still hoping for good news to come!

5 comments:

Sesily Lee said...

I'm so glad you are updating on the blog. We are all thinking about you guys, we love you! Cohen and Ella have said some sweet little prayers in Sean's behalf. I feel so bad he has to go through all these tests. We love you guys! All our love the Lee's!

Seth Ollerton said...

Sean, I had no idea all of this was going on. We are thinking about you and wishing you the best. Thanks for the updates.

-Seth

RxTattoo said...

Hi guys, I am so sorry to hear what is going on with Sean. Just wanted to let you know we were thinking of you. If there is anything I can do for you, even if it is just chatting about what the Dr's are saying please let me know. Love you guys.

-Garrett

Isaak and Jackie said...

Lynzi,

Thanks for taking the time to update us and keep us informed on what is happening, I know how time consuming it is to keep everyone posted but I am grateful to know what is going on. I am so sorry to hear about the news of Sean having a sick husband (and not knowing what the cause is) is extremely unbearable. You three will be in our prayers, being pregnant while this is happening is no picnic either. I know the Lord is mindful of you and please if I can help an any way let me know. 801-647-7601 Love ya Jackie

Devan and Desiree Fenn said...

Oh my goodness... So sorry to hear the sad news. Best wishes for your lil family. Life can change in an instant & being thankful for everyday is a gift. Will keep ya in my prayers. That is so horrible to be going through something like this & expecting a lil baby at the same time..