Thursday, November 12, 2009

FINALLY...the treatment is APPROVED!

So after over a month of fighting with Blue Cross and sending multiple appeals on both my side and the doctors side....WE WON! Sean was approved yesterday to start receiving IVIg treatments once again, he is approved for 3 months and they will be going back and paying for the September treatments! We have had many people involved on helping us get the appeals out, what finally did it is State Farm fighting on our behalf and getting him approved...thank heavens and thanks for all the help!

So Sean will get a treatment tomorrow, we just hope he responds after all of the fighting we have done. He was showing improvement from the September treatment so our hopes are high. We know it will be slow even if he is responding - and he will most likely need months of treatment to see improvement, but hey improvement is improvement and I cannot wait to know that this awful disease is not progressing every day. We have another doctors appointment at the U on Tuesday for a follow up and another cancer scan. We are still waiting to get all of the final results on his bloodwork, muscle stains, and lymph nodes - cancer is very likely with any of the autoimmune diseases we are dealing with so we need to stay on top of keeping him scanned. Other than that, no new news - just excited to actually be doing treatment again!

5 comments:

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

you know what all I asked for during this kinda tense day was for some good news and now I got some!That makes me so so glad.Whew.I got your bottle a while ago, forgot to tell you, and I wont be able to make it incase you are wondering :) And finally a belly pic!LOVE LOVE belly pics!Even if its a tiny hard to see one, its so cute seeing you pregnant. Good luck on the next month of treatments, I hope to hear more good news from that too!XOXO

Matt, Christie & Adilyn said...

I know Matt and Friends would like to come and visit with Sean.... Hopefully soon but it sounds like you guys are so busy!
We are so glad he got approved we have said many of prayers in Sean behalf. We will continue to do so. love you guys.

Isaak and Jackie said...

Lynzi,

I am so happy for you that the treatments got approved and I really hope they make a difference in Sean's recovery. What stress and anguish you must be going through. I am however amazed at your positive posts and optimism, thanks for being an example. So sorry I couldn't make it to the shower sounds like a hit. You look cute prego.

Mike Sorensen said...

That is such good news! We hope that things work out and that the treatment works!

nancy said...

I am so happy that is such great news. Hope they can find out soon what this is. I am excited to see you at your shower :)